Sometimes it’s hard to start ‘the after school conversation’ - here are some sentence starters / questions that could help start the conversation.
1. What was the best thing that happened at school today?
2. Tell me something that made you laugh today.
3. If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class?
4. What’s something that made your teacher smile today?
5. Tell me a new word that you heard today.
6. If I called your teacher tonight, what would they tell me about you?
7. How did you help somebody today?
8. How did somebody help you today?
9. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
10. When were you the happiest today?
11. If you could change one thing about your day what would it be?
12. What kind of person were you today?
13. Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
14. Tell me something good that happened today.
15. What word did your teacher say most today and why do you think they did?
16. What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
17. Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
18. Where do you play the most at recess?
19. Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
20. What was the best moment of the day?
21. What was your favorite part of lunch?
22. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
24. If you could switch seats with anyone in the class, who would you trade with? Why?