Essilor Vision Foundation were the Foundation who came to school and checked the eye sight of our students. A number of students ended up receiving glasses via this service. Any little bit can help.
It is wonderful to see all the smiling faces this morning! Welcome back to term 4!
We hope that everyone has had a wonderful holiday!
We begin term 4 tomorrow and look forward to seeing everyone!
REMINDER - Hats need to be worn this term. All students are welcome to keep their hats a school to ensure they do not forget them!
THINGS ON THIS TERM - it is going to be an extremely busy term ahead. There was a calendar sent home to every student on the last day of term. If you did not receive one please contact your classroom teacher or the office. Please note that the website calendar has all the dates we are aware of and we update this constantly.
Some things on this term include……
Prep - 2 Athletics at Landy Field
trips to the kinder
Prep 2019 transition sessions
whole school transition sessions
Melbourne Cup public holiday (we still come to school on Geelong Cup)
MLC & SLC Neighbourhood Watch Concert
Year 4 Bike Education
School Concert at The Arena
just to name a few……….
Looking forward to a wonderful term 4 ahead!
The Central Geelong Kids Fun Guide is out now and lists free and paid school holiday activities for children of all ages. This is the link to where the Kids Fun Guide can be downloaded from our website http://www.centralgeelong.com.au/school-holiday.
The Kids Fun Guide is full of great activities that would be of interest to families, and we would appreciate it if you could include information about the program in your school newsletter. Attached also is a jpg image that you might like to use.
AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS
On Australia Day we come together as a nation to celebrate the things that make our country great: the people, the land, our diversity, sense of a fair go, lifestyle and freedoms. We reflect on our national journey. We commit to making our country even better in the future.
The Australia Day Citizen, Young Citizen and Community Event of the Year Awards are presented annually to local citizens and groups who make an extraordinary contribution to our local community. The awards are administered by Surf Coast Shire Council on behalf of the National Australia Day Council and are issued at one of the celebratory events held across the shire on 26 January 2018.
Anyone can nominate an individual or group who demonstrates:
• excellence in their field or interest
• significant contribution to Surf Coast Shire at the local community level, and
• an inspirational role model for Surf Coast Shire citizens.
Read the following terms and conditions, then select the Apply now button to complete the nomination form.
• All nominations must be received by Monday 12 November 2018.
• Provide as much detail as you can to help the selection panel to understand the merits of your nomination.
• A panel will assess nominations against selection criteria and recommend award recipients to Surf Coast Shire Councillors.
• Self-nominations will not be accepted.
• Sitting state and federal politicians and current Councillors are not eligible for nomination.
• Awards will not be granted posthumously.
• The decision of the assessment panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• In the event that no nominations are received in any of the categories, the selection panel reserves the right to grant the award to a group, event or citizen of its choice.
Citizen of the Year
Nominations for Citizen of the Year must be Australian citizens, over 27 years of age, who live or work in Surf Coast Shire and have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years including:
• demonstrates commitment to improving the community
• completes their contributions on a voluntary basis or exceeding the normal requirements of the person’s paid work
• accepts civic responsibility
• provides a positive role model for others
• actively addresses local issues
• is law abiding.
Young Citizen of the Year
Nominations for Young Citizen of the Year must be Australian citizens, under 27 years of age, who live or work in Surf Coast Shire and have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the local community over a number of years including:
• is active in youth or other activities in the local community
• leads a balanced life
• shows loyalty to family/community
• is caring, compassionate and sharing
• acts as a positive role model to peers
• shows outstanding achievement in academic, sporting, cultural, environment, civic responsibility and the like
• is law abiding.
Community Event of the Year
Community Event of the Year is bestowed upon an individual, organisation or community group that has staged a noteworthy event during 2017. Events should have:
• provided a benefit for local people, the local environment, local tourism or local culture
• demonstrated excellence in organising a safe and sustainable event
• involved local people through organising or attending
• reflected the spirit of what makes Surf Coast Shire great.
Please find attached the entry form for the up and coming Winchelsea Uniting Church Art & Photography Show. In the past quiet few of your Students have entered into this Show, hopefully we will see them again this year. The Show is free to enter @ this years theme is WATER.
MORIAC COMMUNITY NETWORK Inc
Reminder this month's meeting is on Wed 26th Sept 7pm at the Moriac Community Centre.
All community welcome - Volunteers required to start organising our Moriac Community Carols end of year celebration on Friday 7th December.
We would like to thank the community for their support during the Coles Sports for School campaign. Our sporting equipment has arrived and we are thankful for what we have received!